What to do in case of loss of computer data?
Businesses, especially small businesses, are particularly vulnerable to the risk of losing computer data. This type of event can have a lasting impact on the market and the results of the company. The loss of data most often results in a loss of time, stress, and nervousness, a change in the pace of work, even an absolute lack of motivation.
Fortunately, some companies have specialized in recovering computer data, for example, Ontrack, which operates anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Data loss: a significant risk for the company.
Every day, hundreds of companies are shutting down because of the loss of computer data. In the absence of backup and IT risk management procedures, small businesses are particularly affected.
How many entrepreneurs have spilled their drink or cup of coffee on their laptop? How many business owners had to suffer a hardware theft or a sudden server crash? How many executives lost their data due to hardware intrusion or malfunction?
Data loss can have disastrous consequences, for example:
- Degradation of the image of the company,
- Momentary paralysis and decreased activity,
- Loss of primary working documents: technical files, market studies, r & d files, aid application files, responses to invitations to tender, customer files …
- Loss of confidential reports (contracts),
- Impact on the teams,
- Decreased confidence internally,
Data loss can have many causes, including:
- A breakage or a hardware malfunction (hard disk, hardware),
- A software problem (software bug),
- An external event (fire, flood, water damage, strong heat …),
- Human error caused by internal or external people (suppliers, partners …),
- Or a malicious act (virus, theft, vandalism …).
- Finally, data loss can affect different media:
- Fixed and portable computers,
- The cloud,
- But also the backup hardware or systems themselves: external hard drives, raid systems, and so on.
As Remy, who specializes in data recovery on RAID, servers, and NAS at VODATA , explains , the situation is sometimes complicated by the assembly of several disks.